Monday, August 24, 2009

Dry Spell - Do You Have them Too?

For almost a month I couldn't knit. Well okay, I would pick up one of the socks that I was working on and knit a row or two and put it aside next to my chair and pick up a crossword or Sudoku to work on. didn't do them very well either. It was just a matter of stress. Knitting usually relieves the stress, but the stress was so bad, I didn't feel like doing anything that wasn't absolutely necessary. Laundry, cooking and vacuuming got done as well as grocery shopping. But no knitting.
Mac got worse and worse and when he could no longer stand up I took him to his doctor and she put him in the hospital. Liver failure we were told. Well, we knew that his liver is getting worse, but after five days and a couple of transfusions, he could walk, or at least shuffle a bit. His heart doctor sent him home and didn't tell his internist. Two days later he was back there taking another blood test and the day after that seeing a third doctor. He is still bleeding slowly internally and no one knows why.
anyway, he is feeling a bit better and is puttering around and I'm knitting again. I finished the blue socks and started on another shawl. Nice Malabrigo yarn in a taupe shade and I will add some beads. The pattern is a freebie on Ravelry called Percy Shawl.