Sunday, July 19, 2009

I Dyed Again

I finished knitting my green shawl a week ago and finally figured why I really didn't like the color that much. That varigated green reminded me of the Girl Scout uniforms that I wore for years. Loved the scouts, but not so much the uniforms.
So I bought some blue dye and turned it deep greenish blue and then blocked it. It really turned out pretty and I'm looking forward to some cool weather. The pattern is free on Ravelry and is called Vernal Equinox. Less than two hanks of Malibrigo Lace yarn.
Next time I'll think more about the color, maybe something fuchsia, and make a shawl with beads.




2 comments:

Lorena said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That is *lovely*! You really make me want to knit lace - not that I could compare to you!

Julie said...

WOW!!! This is beautiful. Knitting is something that is a huge challenge for me. I can make slippers, for a pattern long ago my mama taught me otherwise nothing. Your work is terrific. Keep up the great work. Also, I hope that hubby gets better soon. It's hard to do anything when your loved one is hurting.
God Bless you and your hubby.